Friday 15 January 2016

Reading Resolutions & Reviews


To immerse myself back into the world of reading, I needed something both motivating and engaging to start my journey. Thankfully, late last year I was introduced to the yearly Goodreads reading challenge by my wonderful friend Bex!


And so, my New Years resolution is to read a grand total of 25 books. Seeing as this estimates to around one book a fortnight I am hoping this will successfully submerge myself into the hobby I used to adore - and still do! This blog is also to help me with this goal as here I will be reviewing every book I read as part of the challenge. Here is a picture to give you a preview of the 25 books I am planning to read this year:



The books piled on the left are ones that I have not ventured into before, including a few of the classics, and some I have been meaning to read for quite a while! Therefore I will most definitely be reading all of these this year.

The two series featured on the right pile - The Hunger Games trilogy and the Harry Potter series - are ones that I have read before but a fair while ago; these franchises are two of my absolute favourites, and so I have included these as extra motivation! Whilst I am certain I would like to re-read The Hunger Games, I am still unsure about Harry Potter due to the extreme length of some of the books. It may end up that I read only a few this year and replace the latter books with some shorter ones - after all, I included the 7 Chronicles of Narnia books as light-relief to make way for some chunkier reads...but we shall see!


I mentioned earlier that my close friend Bex introduced me to this Goodreads challenge. As she knows how ambitious and enthusiastic I am about achieving my reading goals, she made me these beautiful bookmarks for Christmas! Like me, Bex has also created a review blog, and you can check her out here. Bex is attempting thirty books this year, and I'm so excited for us both as we embark on this literary journey together ☺


You can keep up-to-date with my reading challenge on this blog through my review posts, the first of which will be coming fairly soon as I have nearly finished reading Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence. I also have a few of Goodreads' widgets in my sidebar which display: what I'm currently reading, what I've read, and my progress in the reading challenge so far, so that can give you a quick overview if you're ever curious or new to the blog!

I hope you will take pleasure in reading my posts as much as I know I am going to enjoy creating them! I cannot explain how excited I am to immerse myself back into something I have completely and utterly loved since childhood, and I can't wait to share my journey with you all.



0 comments:

Post a Comment