Sunday 7 August 2016

July: Monthly Favourites


Hello all! As you can see, this is a change from my usual 'Album of the Month' post. In truth, I have not been listening to as much music lately, let alone full albums, making it a big struggle to choose one for the month! In addition, I felt the posts were far too short and didn't contribute anything substantial to my blog. 

Therefore, I have decided to start doing Monthly Favourites, which will allow me to include any new music if I wish, but also other items I have been loving. I absolutely adore watching these sorts of videos on YouTube, and as the saying goes, you should make what you love! Without further ado, here are my July favourites...

'We Were Liars' by E. Lockhart

My favourite book of this month has got to be 'We Were Liars' by E. Lockhart. I won't got into too much detail as I wrote a full review which you can check out here. I absolutely loved the suspense and mystery in this novel, much down to its incredible ending and the revelations which came with it! This is definitely worth a read if you're looking for some incredibly unique YA.


'Into You' by Ariana Grande


Ever since I heard Lucy Moon produce an amazingly soft cover of this on her YouTube channel, I have been utterly obsessed with this song. It has SUCH a catchy chorus, but Ariana's extreme range is what makes this song. Previously, I have not been a huge fan of Ariana's work, but this song (along with 'Dangerous Woman') have prompted me to have a listen to the full album!

Gabriella Lindley / velvetgh0st

Over the past month, I have been loving Gabriella Lindley's YouTube channel, velvetgh0st. I started watching Gabbie after seeing her Weight Loss Surgery video, and I was completely drawn in by her realism. Gabbie is definitely one of the most honest YouTubers I watch, and I am addicted to both her calming main channel videos, and her bubbly, honest vlogs over on PlanetGabb.

'High School Musical' trilogy

I am 100% unashamed to say I have been loving the 'High School Musical' films once again. These movies instantly make me so happy and upbeat; the songs are incredibly feel-good, and Troy and Gabriella's relationship is just so adorable. (Yes, I have a crush on Troy Bolton...) I would recommend to any age needing a pick-me-up, particularly if you want to be blasted back 10 years for an hour and a half. What team?! WILDCATS!!

Best Fiends

I know. I know that you're all probably sick and tired of hearing about this game. I was too, until I decided to download it...But this game is just too damn good! It's my constant go to whenever I'm bored, and unlike other popular games such as Candy Crush, it's not impossible to complete harder levels without spending real money. I would highly recommend this to anybody looking for a new game to play!


Dream Cream - body lotion from Lush

As a sufferer of eczema (a condition which makes the skin extremely rough and irritable), this lotion has completely saved me. It is incredibly hard to find products which truly help eczema, but my skin has never been so soft! Dream Cream contains ingredients such as oat milk, rose, and lavender, all of which help to soothe and revive the skin. This is a must for anybody suffering from dry skin.

Bath Latte - bath and shower milk from Zoella Beauty


The announcement for Zoë Sugg's new beauty range, Sweet Inspirations, had me extremely excited from the get go. Not long after it was released, I rushed to get this bath latte and I'm so glad I did! The smell of almond, cacao, and honey is irresistible, creating the most relaxing bubble bath known to man; plus it leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft. This Bath Latte has made me go a bit bath-mad, and Zoë's frequent vlogs have been                                                                  accompanying me along the way!

And there we have my July favourites! I hope you enjoyed this post as it was something a bit different - I certainly enjoyed writing it, and I am excited to do more in the next coming months. Let me know what you've been loving recently in the comments ☺




0 comments:

Post a Comment