Sunday 4 September 2016

August: Monthly Favourites


August has been an eventful month what with the summer holidays, and so without further ado, here are my monthly favourites!

'The Ride' by Catfish and the Bottlemen

The Ride Catfish and the Bottlemen.jpegCatfish and the Bottlemen have been one of my favourites for a long while - I've replayed their first album to death. I hadn't had a chance to listen to 'The Ride' until now, and I seriously love it! I'm planning on writing a full review for this in the next week, so be sure to look out for that if you're interested in my full thoughts on it.

Connie Glynn / noodlerella
Image result for connie glynn
I subscribed to Connie this month after seeing her make regular appearances on Snapchat stories and falling in love with how adorable she is. Connie makes a wide variety of YouTube videos, from weekly vlogs, to impressions, to beauty and lifestyle, and I love every single one. She's funny, she's cute, and she's very, very pink!

Dragons' Den


A bit of an odd one I know, but I have become seriously invested (pun not intended) in watching Dragons' Den every Sunday. The business ideas are often interesting, but there is also a fair share of the weird and wonderful, making this a very entertaining watch. In addition, the dramatic editing is remarkably O.T.T, adding to the amusement value and overall tension - a must see!

Stradivarius 

I discovered this clothing brand when on holiday in Menorca, and I instantly fell in love. I'd describe it as a cross between Zara and H&M - the clothes are gorgeous, and so are the prices. Furthermore, each piece is extremely well made, and I was delighted to hear they had a UK online shop as I am tempted to order from here in the future.

Dungaree Dress by QED London

I'm not going to lie, I have been wearing this dress far more than necessary this summer. I've been looking for a denim one for a while now, but the lengths are usually too long or too short for me. However, this dress fits like a dream, and I adore the fabric patches! It has served me well on cooler days, and I know this will still be perfect for winter with a cardigan thrown on top.

Barry M Nail Paint - Ballerina

This shade of pink is just so gorgeous that I knew I had to buy this as soon as I saw it. I've got a good track record with Barry M's nail paint, and this is no exception. Not only is the colour absolutely beautiful, the varnish only needs one coat to get even coverage, and it dries quickly with a long-lasting effect. In addition, it has a stunning sheen when applied, which I didn't expect! I will definitely be adding to my Barry M collection in the future. 

Poppy JUJU Shoes

Similarly to the nail paint, these shoes were a love-at-first-sight purchase. I do own another pair of JUJU shoes in the original style Maxi, but I was craving another pair for summer, and these were absolutely perfect. From the makers of the original jelly sandals, JUJU continue to produce excellent quality products, and the rubber texture makes them comfortable and well-fitting. I would highly recommend this brand to anybody looking for new sandals.

And that rounds up my August favourites! I'm really enjoying these posts so far, and I hope you guys are too. Here's to another month!



0 comments:

Post a Comment